LAWTE offers several training awards In an effort to bring more recognition to those who excel in educating and training in the field of laboratory animal science. Please review the awards and criteria below and nominate anyone who you think is deserving of an award. LAWTE will announce the winners of each award at the 2023 LAWTE Biannual Conference.
Click the button below to download the nomination form.
(Individual, must be LAWTE member)
Purpose: To recognize an outstanding educator/trainer in the field of laboratory animal science and/or regulatory compliance. An honorarium of $250, plaque and a lifetime membership to LAWTE will be awarded to the recipient
1. LAWTE member for more than 2 years
2. Active LAWTE participant (officer, committee member or presenter)
3. Engages in training programs or regulatory compliance in the laboratory animal science industry
4. Assists with writing guidelines and policies to support an animal care program(s)
5. Assists in efforts to secure AAALAC accreditation
6. Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education with certification at the LATG, CMAR and/or CPIA level
7. Participation in AALAS and AALAS Branch activities (presenter, committee member or officer)
8. History of public outreach is desired
9. Consideration is given for nominees who have:
Used animal models or other training methods to reduce the number of animals used
Incorporated web-based models
Emphasized the 3Rs in their training methods