- Join or Renew Membership
- Membership Info
- Training Materials
2017 LAWTE Biennial Conference:
“LAWTE’s Sweet Spot: Teaching, Learning and Supporting Animal Welfare” will be held at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA from June 13-16, 2017. Registration for the conference will open in February of 2017.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit abstracts for posters or presentations.
Why Submit an Abstract?
* Do you have a unique or innovative training idea you would like to share with the training community?
* Have you come up with a creative solution to a training/education problem at your institution?
* Have you collected data regarding training services or programs?
...Then share it with us!
Presenting at LAWTE will allow you to:
* Help others struggling with the same issues as you and your institution
* Have a platform for a published article in LAS Pro or other lab animal science magazines
* Obtain CEUs to maintain your credentials
* Connect with your colleagues and peers
* Gain recognition for the amazing work that you do
1. The title should be concise and accurately convey the abstract subject matter.
2. Abstracts should be a single paragraph, not to exceed 2,300 characters (approximately 300 words).
3. Tables of data are not permitted in the abstract.
4. Do not use trade names, technical jargon, names of products, companies, or institutions, or abbreviations other than units of measurement.
5. Please include names and institutional affiliations of all authors and contact information for the primary (submitting) author.
6. Abstracts should generally follow this format: problem, approach/study design, observations/results, and conclusions.
7. Supply a brief (~30 words) bio for the primary author including any degrees and certifications.
8. Please indicate whether submission is for a Poster or Oral presentation
* Oral presentations may be 1 hour didactic sessions or shorter 15-20 minute platform sessions.
September 1, 2016 - Abstract submissions open December 10, 2016 - Deadline for abstract submission
Submit Poster abstracts electronically to Amy Kilpatrick at
Submit Oral Presentation abstracts electronically to LaTesa Hughes at
Webinar presentations have become one of the most popular forms of training and continuing education mediums. In order to generate more content for the LAWTE website, LAWTE is offering its members the opportunity to practice giving webinar presentations, without the presence of a live audience, in exchange for posting the material to the website for other members to view and use. Click to learn how to take advantage of this opportunity.
LAWTE Booth Stops
The LAWTE Booth is on the move! If you have an event coming up, consider hosting the LAWTE booth at your venue. Click LAWTE Booth Information for further instructions.
QUAD Symposium (AALAS District I) – “Back to the Future”
Canadian Association of Laboratory Animal Science 55th Annual Symposium
“The Dirt on Germs: The Good, The Bad, The Unknown”
Toronto, ON, Canada