- Join or Renew Membership
- Membership Info
- Training Materials
WATCH THE VIDEO
LabRoots, Inc. is pleased to announce the 6th annual, two-day international, Laboratory Animal Science (LAS) virtual conference which will take place on February 8th and 9th, 2017. This is the premier online-only conference focused on laboratory animal science. This year’s Program Committee led by Dr. Szczepan Baran, Global Head of Animal Welfare and Compliance Training at Novartis Pharmaceuticals, and composed of over 20 world renowned experts, decided on the theme of this conference to be Advances and Challenges in Laboratory Animal Science in 2017 with the following tracks:
- Breeding and management of transgenic large or unconventional animal species
- Advances in daily evaluation and assessment of laboratory animals including automatization and video monitoring
- Advances and challenges in surgery, anesthesia and euthanasia
- Advances in environmental enrichment of new animal models
- Education and training with concentration on continuous professional development
- Non-commercial technical trade track addressing topics listed above
LAS virtual conference will bring together scientists, students, veterinary technicians, veterinarians, technical support staff, IACUC administrators and committee members, as well as training and compliance personnel from around the world to learn about recent advances and challenges within laboratory animal science. Do not miss the opportunity to participate along such a diverse group of experts during this groundbreaking conference, which is absolutely free to all participants. No crowded airports, delayed flights or expensive hotel rooms, but still the look and feel of a first-rate conference with world renowned experts.
Conference participants will be able to:
- Search and attend session(s) of their choice
- Ask questions of the speakers via live video
- Chat live with your peers
- Receive Continuing Education Credits
- Browse a virtual exhibit floor for solution providers
2017 LAWTE Biennial Conference
“LAWTE’s Sweet Spot: Teaching, Learning and Supporting Animal Welfare” will be held at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA from June 13-16, 2017.
Housing reservations are open. Click here for more information.
Conference registration is open. Click here to register.
To view the tenative conference schedule click here.
Webinar presentations have become one of the most popular forms of training and continuing education mediums. In order to generate more content for the LAWTE website, LAWTE is offering its members the opportunity to practice giving webinar presentations, without the presence of a live audience, in exchange for posting the material to the website for other members to view and use. Click to learn how to take advantage of this opportunity.
LAWTE Booth Stops
The LAWTE Booth is on the move! If you have an event coming up, consider hosting the LAWTE booth at your venue. Click LAWTE Booth Information for further instructions.
QUAD Symposium (AALAS District I) – “Back to the Future”
Canadian Association of Laboratory Animal Science 55th Annual Symposium
“The Dirt on Germs: The Good, The Bad, The Unknown”
Toronto, ON, Canada