- Join or Renew Membership
- Membership Info
- Training Materials
Abstract Submission Information
Abstract submission dates run from September 1, 2016 - December 10, 2016
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit abstracts for posters or oral presentations.
Why Submit an Abstract?
* Do you have a unique or innovative training idea you would like to share with the training community?
* Have you come up with a creative solution to a training/education problem at your institution?
* Have you collected data regarding training services or programs?
...Then share it with us!
Presenting at LAWTE will allow you to:
* Help others struggling with the same issues as you and your institution
* Have a platform for a published article in LAS Pro or other lab animal science magazines
* Obtain CEUs to maintain your credentials
* Connect with your colleagues and peers
* Gain recognition for the amazing work that you do
1. The title should be concise and accurately convey the abstract subject matter.
2. Abstracts should be a single paragraph, not to exceed 2,300 characters (approximately 300 words).
3. Tables of data are not permitted in the abstract.
4. Do not use trade names, technical jargon, names of products, companies, or institutions, or abbreviations other than units of measurement.
5. Please include names and institutional affiliations of all authors and contact information for the primary (submitting) author.
6. Abstracts should generally follow this format: problem, approach/study design, observations/results, and conclusions.
7. Supply a brief (~30 words) bio for the primary author including any degrees and certifications.
8. Please indicate whether submission is for a Poster or Oral presentation
* Oral presentations may be 1 hour didactic sessions or shorter 15-20 minute platform sessions.
Submit Poster abstracts electronically to Amy Kilpatrick at
Submit Oral Presentation abstracts electronically to LaTesa Hughes at